Wednesday, October 12, 2005

The Past

I was morphed from my peaceful slumber. I slept doing my assignment. I remember giving myself up to fatigue and dozing off to dreamland. A familiar figure approached me. He is me. He is my past. He approached me and smiled. I couldn't smile back, I was confused. Shocked of such momentous meeting, with myself.
Though his features were the same as mine, there was a significant difference. He was smiling. Happy and joyful. Loving, caring and deep. While I stood there, watching myself. His eyes explaining everything. I watched him curiously. Unaware of the purpose of this unlikely meeting.
He still stood there in front of me. Staring directly at my eyes. A deafening silence of contemplation. He spoke to me but I couldn't understand.
He told me
"To let go of him and live my life as it is."
"To stop regreting the present by my constant flasbacks to the past (to him)."
"Why do you regret?"
He asked curiously. Slowly. To make sure I understand.
It hit me hard on the face. I asked myself "Yes, why do I regret?"
He stopped giving me time to contemplate and think. He seemed happy of the effects of the things he said to me. Things I already know but had ignored because of something I fear. The fear of rejection. The desire to be accepted. Both that had interfered with my logic.
He sat. Still watching me closely. I stood there awkwardly. Seeing my past and seeing myself. Time seemed to move slowly. A second seemed to be an hour. Flashbacks were made. I saw it through his eyes. He was literally nose-to-nose with me. I saw my friends. I saw myself, lonely. I saw my cousins. I saw myself, alone. I saw myself laughing. I saw myself weeping silently in my bed. I saw myself surrounded by colorful people in a familiar place in my home country. I saw myself alone in the classroom, in the hallways; intensely bored. I saw myself laughing by myself because of the joke that my friends told me an hour ago, laughing at something odd or shocking in a funny way. I saw myself laughing at myself because of the "loneliness" of my life (particularly social). It flashed by me through the mirror-like eyes of my past. A thousand images of my life falshing quickly before my eyes. Passing quickly through the veins of my eys. Pulsing through my whole body. Then a sting came from my heart. It reached it
I thought "I guess its really time to move on."
"Good!"
I was startled by his reply. I didn't know he could hear me. I didn't know he could read and understand my thoughts. I stood there motionless of shock and from such things that happened within the last half-hour.
He touched me on the shoulder. I know it wasn't like me but I embraced him and cried. I embraced myself, the only one who knows me thoroughly, as tight as I could. He patted me on the back.
He whispered "Don't worry. Everything will be okay. The Lord is with you. He would guide your days." He smiled "Just be yourself. Ask him for guidance and support.", "He is the foundation you have been searching for."
And then, I woke up. Breathless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home